I find that embracing a style helps me focus the pieces I own in a certain direction + allows me to have less in the end. Less is great for the planet, farmers, garment workers, upkeep + my wallet. So here's where my thinking went next:
- I already have a couple pairs of jeans + some thrifted olive pants. That gives me some direction style-wise + is enough too.
- A pair of mary janes could elevate casual outfits a bit...as long as I could find some that are comfy enough to walk in all day.
- A couple of blouses would serve that dreamy, romantic style, are comfy to wear + the appropriate weight for warmth.
My choice additions include:
- Exactly the Auntie Oti shirt I wanted + found second hand. I can roll up the sleeves or not...tuck it in or not...and layer it under a sweater or sweatshirt or not. I've worn it three times already + I love it so much!
- A Doen blouse on deep, Black Friday discount. I just received this yesterday + it made me smile so big when I tried it on. It's going to get worn a ton!
- A pair of mary janes that are made of natural materials + feel really comfy on. I knew these were going to need to get worn in, so I've endured one blister...but know I'm going to get so much wear out of these with jeans, pants + dresses.
This brings me a few steps closer to feeling like my work wardrobe is appropriate, comfortable + enough! Progress for sure!