I made this pair 1 1/2 sizes smaller than my measurements called for according to the pattern. It's simple enough to look at the finished garment measurements to know that there will be sufficient ease. It's just a little difficult to know exactly how much ease would be desired in a piece like overalls. I did want mine to be a little bit oversized...and while I could still size down in these...I like these overalls much better than the first pair I made from this pattern.
I don't trace my patterns, so I appreciate that this pattern was nested for the most part...meaning that I could just cut it down to the smaller size with only minimal need for piecing + taping at the curves. I made this pattern without modification.
A little of my Liberty stash was used for the insides. Liberty Tana Lawn is some of the sturdiest fabric I've sewn with, even as it is so lightweight. It will stand up to all the use these pockets will get + not add any bulk. I've lined the pockets of all my overalls with Liberty. I wear this pair (with this modification) about once per week year round + they've stood up well to all the wearing + washing.
Pattern :: Merchant & Mills Harlene
Fabric :: indigo linen cotton (bought locally)
Hardware :: Citron Jeans