Here are a few of my favorite midday things that I'd love to share:
- A favorite afternoon snack or drink. (Extra points for homemade.) :)
- Something with a little extra meaning. These tiny acorns symbolize something special to my partner + I. (Foraged objects can make beautiful gifts.)
- A little something useful. We love these simple cork coasters. (+ they're compostable)
- Something to nurture + watch grow. (Plants are such a treat!
- A reminder. My partner actually said this one to me a few weeks ago..."maybe we could have matching mugs to use at work...and when we use them they'll help us feel connected, even when we're apart. (I usually feel that no one needs another mug, but this might make me change my mind!)
- Something to encourage staying connected with the outside world (even when it's cold). A hand knit hat, favorite pair of socks, nature journal or bird feeder might remind us to look out + get outside too.
- Some lovely postcards + real stamps. (Include a heartfelt message of your own on one.)
- A gift card to a local, small business...maybe a florist that uses locally grown flowers, a taco place or a coffee shop.
I have to say that once I got up to look around for things to photograph, I saw lots of favorites...another benefit of living simply. I have almost only favorite things + not much else. This exercise helped me "see" them anew. I'm still smiling about all the goodness I already have. :)