Mornings are (hopefully) full of things that are useful, comforting +/or beautiful. I love finding just the right whatever-it-is + using it over + over...no need to keep trying new things + ending up with half used bottles under the sink. It's a great way to practice (+ share) zero-waste! ;) It's also a great way to share a local or ethical company we believe in!
If we take a look at our mornings + don't see a whole lot of comforting or beautiful...maybe a gift to ourselves would be to remove or add until we do. This might be something we could do with a friend...sharing new + old favorites discovered along the way.
Here are a few of the things that I use every morning...(plus a couple of things I wouldn't mind adding to my favorites). ;)
- I can imagine this robe adding a little sunshine to my mornings. (The thrifted men's shirt I wear works great too!)
- I use Everyday Oil on my face every morning. One tiny bottle lasts me a whole year.
- Other than Everyday Oil + a little mascara, lip balm is the only other thing I wear on my face. Citrus scents don't seem to bother my allergies like floral ones do. (yay)
- A stack of beautiful, unpackaged soaps makes a lovely (useful + consumable) gift. Look up a local soap maker.
- A pack of most-loved, bamboo toothbrushes + some silk floss.
- A morning playlist to get them moving + grooving.
- A favorite locally roasted coffee or loose tea along with some local honey.
- Homemade granola.
- A favorite lotion that really moisturizes. These have been my favorites for years.
When we gift our favorites, it gives us a chance to really "see" + value the things we already own + enjoy using every day for the gifts that they are.
All lovely photos via links.