A few things I'm shaking up ::
- kitchen items only :: paperwork + art supplies + tools are moving to other parts of the house...at least for now. I have kept a small drawer each of paperwork + art supplies and a small bin of tools that I use often closer at hand in the kitchen. At the moment, I'm thinking of keeping exclusively food related things in the kitchen which opens up some space taken up by other things.
- a whole drawer for empty jars :: I've always dreamed of it. :) We cycle through jars that hold all sorts of things like produce, pantry items, leftovers, cold brew, sun tea, home made pickles + salsa. This drawer can keep plenty of jars at the ready.
- utilizing the drawer under the oven :: For some reason, this drawer always freaked me out a little. I know that it is a broiler on some ovens, and I just never knew if it was going to wreck things stored there. I finally did a little research on the exact oven I have + gained some shelf space by storing my skillet + baking sheets there.
- getting clear on a few systems :: this will help me know that I have enough storage, enough food + help with grocery shopping too (more to come on this one)
- a big bag full of jars + lids :: My new method of putting up tomatoes freed up a bunch of jars. I'm going to take this to our CSA farm to see if the farmers, shareholders or some of the market vendors would like them. I'm resting in faith that I kept "enough". :)
- paperwork :: We took this opportunity to sort through our paperwork once again + to recycle what is no longer needed (shredding what's necessary along the way).