Some of the ways we moved a few things on this summer:
- I sold a few name brand things on Poshmark + Ebay
- a couple of vintage pieces were sold on Etsy
- a couple of pillows made out of name brand fabric were sold on Instagram
- my partner sold some cycling kit locally on Facebook
- a bag of clothing (including some handmade items) was sold at Buffalo Exchange
- a handful of books were sold at Half-Priced Books
- I'm going to list a couple of mesh baskets on Craigslist
- Sometimes you can sell surprising things, so it might be worth giving it a go.
- Getting to know where people shop for each type of item helps get it back in service.
- Right now is a good time to look through our clothes, because we know what we are actually wearing in this season + what we can do without.
- It's always a good time to look through our bookshelves, closets + cabinets and to share our unused resources with someone who will use them. :)
- Once I decide to let something go, it's going. This time, if a piece didn't sell online in a couple of weeks, I put it into the bag to take to Buffalo Exchange. If Buffalo Exchange didn't want it, it was donated.
- Use this process to learn + internalize what is not quite right, no longer necessary or more than enough. :)