Could we try imagining things being different? Could we just daydream for a few minutes?
- What do we wish the holiday season was all about?
- How would our holidays look, if this was the primary focus?
- How would we like our children to think about the holidays?
- What do we truly enjoy most during this season?
- How would we like to feel throughout the weeks to come?
- Could we take a moment to ask those we'll spend festive times with what they love most about the holidays?
I love a good reimagining. I like to be surprised by new thoughts, to experience new ways of doing things, to observe new feelings.
A few thoughts I'm having:
- What is my luxury these days? (something like a day with no obligations)
- What do my loved ones really want?
- Would one special gift be enough?
- Could we set a spending limit? A low one?
- Could we "gift" food to a potluck?
- Could we gift handmade or time or service?
- Could we see our time together as a gift?
- A swap of stuff we already have would be fun...a different sort of supply chain.