This is a jumpsuit that I have imagined sewing for years...and have finally managed to bring into the realm of good. Last autumn, I attempted it. Last winter, I tried to fix that attempt. In the spring, I bought a tank top pattern to combine with the bottom of the jumpsuit pattern...made a muslin of the top + decided that it didn't suit me. All summer, I couldn't bring myself to try again.
And then there was yesterday, the motivation came to me...I seized it...made a muslin...considered...adjusted...hoped...cut...and sewed...and sewed. I think I have finally made something that pretty much meets my expectations. It feels good. :)
Fabric :: denim tencel from Blackbird Fabrics
Pattern :: a combination (Butterick 6312 + Bantam tank) + tweaks
Fueled by :: Scene on Radio podcast series, Seeing White (so, so good + a must listen)
P.S. Yes, I was sitting on the couch next to a straw hat. This was right after Julia indulged me in a lengthy (at least 4 min.) photo shoot in which I struggled to not come across as a Telly Tubby + nearly decided that this whole jumpsuit thing is not for me. Oh well. A little more over there. :)