I have a feeling this is becoming an annual sort of post. It's just that time of year again, and I love this sort of thing! It ticks all the boxes for a simple, gratitude-inducing, inexpensive, thoughtful, low waste sort of celebration in my book.
It really is a fun way to gift, and prompts us to rediscover reasons we love what we already have too! I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things...simple things that I use over + over again with pleasure. I hope they are a little different this year, but I can't guarantee it! :)
- Le Pen :: they last forever + come in sweet colors. I come across them every once in a while + sometimes pick up a new color. This year, I've been choosing a color or two from my little collection to highlight my journal + calendar each month.
- a ritual to try :: it would be so interesting to hear how one finds value with this one
- a pomegranate or two makes a lovely decoration + tastes like a special treat too :: lots of options here...sumo orange, a nub of ginger + a lemon...yum!
- a new spice discovery + a list of ways to use it :: this one tastes great on so many things from eggs to roasted veg
- a printed photo of a special memory + a bit of nature to go with it :: these little bits are my favorites to spark feelings of connection over + over again
- an air plant :: it doesn't require much effort, but offers a welcome sign of life through the grey months to come. a found shell or spare terracotta saucer is an inexpensive companion.
- homemade fire cider
- a $5 gift card for a fave drink of the moment
I really feel like I could go on + on with ideas, because they come as easy as looking around me. Gifting is so much about expectation + agreeing to something like this makes those expectations very clear + simple to meet!
Happy simple gifting, friends!