- 17 :: taking to heart : "All life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one of us directly, affects us all indirectly." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 18 :: choosing secondhand furniture.
- 19 :: using reusable shopping bags.
- 20 :: buying the bulk container + recycling it (rather than the shop owner doing it). 1 jug ($54) = 12 bottles ($132)
- 21 :: making our bedside tables ourselves. no shipping. no toxic finishes. no underpaid labor. no smashed fingers. no fights.
- 22 :: choosing compostable packaging.
- 23 :: nurturing plants. these lovely friends convert carbon dioxide into oxygen. it's symbiotic!
- 24 :: repairing my mask. taking in the stretched out elastic + adding a patch makes it ready to wear again...and again.
We make choices every day. The choices we make with the planet in mind usually have other benefits as well...benefits to our health, our pocketbooks, our style, our sense of adventure, our creativity, our sense of beauty, our connections...
on a journey toward zero-waste, simplicity, + compassion :: daring to choose fair one choice at a time