- 57 :: saving the leaves for later. dried leaves are a crucial part of composting...making them treasures to be saved + bringing a different perspective to spring clean-up.
- 58 :: choosing glass packaging (rather than plastic), when I can't buy spices from the bulk jars. it would be great to have some standard glass jar sizes that could be cleaned + reused commercially. for now, we recycle it.
- 59 :: choosing unpackaged rather than packaged. it doesn't get much easier than that.
- 60 :: returning a set of towels I bought, because I could just replace that one discolored one.
- 61 :: saving water. you know how it's good to wash your jeans less often? can I apply that logic to my sheets + wash them tomorrow instead? ;)
- 62 :: composting peels. they will eventually transform into fertile soil to grow more food!
- 63 :: putting unpackaged fruits + veg into the cart + skipping the plastic bag. sometimes it's strange to realize why we do things...habit? because everyone else it doing it? question the status quo. :)
- 64 :: using glasses rather than contact lenses + contact solution in plastic bottles.
everyday climate action :: 57 - 64
Climate action is about choices...not about a list of special, new items to purchase. It's about our perspective + questioning our habits. Fun! :)
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
on a journey toward zero-waste, simplicity, + compassion :: daring to choose fair one choice at a time