Recognizing that we already do many things that can be considered climate action reminds us that we can make a difference. We are not powerless. This can motivate us to take a further step...to do something that might be a little bit out of our comfort zone...something that we might not (yet) do automatically.
- 49 :: growing in compassion. we cannot hold the fullness of all the pain that we hear about. and yet, we must let some of the pain penetrate our souls in order to maintain a stance rooted in love. babysitting our thoughts + checking in with our hearts is real work that must be done.
- 50 :: recognizing climate change in...and also taking advantage of...every, weird, breakthrough climate day by getting outside + seeing the beauty in it.
- 51 :: reusing packaging as packaging + keeping it out of the landfill as long as possible.
- 52 :: celebrating + supporting small, local business. billionaires don't need any more of our money. we get to choose whose values + contributions we want to support.
- 53 :: making two days worth of meals at once. we'll use less power + reduce the temptation to grab fast food in all its wasteful packaging.
- 54 :: drying my hair as little as possible...which reduces damage to my hair + saves electricity.
- 55 :: taking advantage of wacky fun close to home. no plane tickets + less gas emissions.
- 56 :: using a forest stewardship council + fair-trade certified, biodegradable, wood comb.
It's positive to recognize how simple climate action can be and also to gain motivation toward further climate action. With subtle shifts we can make many of these actions automatic choices.