- 33 :: unplugging enhances my ability to tap into contentment. disconnecting from social media, ads, email + all the rest decreases my tendency toward wanting what I don't have...which increases my desire for goods that cost the earth in so many ways.
- 34 :: patching my partner's pants makes me happy. patches deepen our connection with the things we already love.
- 35 :: making my clothing allows me to get exactly what I want (sometimes). wearing my makes is the most important part.
- 36 :: choosing fair trade certified. this is a shirt I know I am going to wear for years + years to come. it's exciting to see Madewell prove that fair trade is possible.
- 37 :: spending a little time emailing my state legislators ahead of a vote to change the boundaries of our district in a blatant attempt to flip party representation at the national level. both individual + collective action are important. let's not miss our chance to make our voices heard.
- 38 :: hand-washing delicates makes them last longer + let's me consume less.
- 39 :: putting laundry detergent into my own containers at the store...zero-waste!
- 40 :: having one pair of trainers...wearing them often + wearing them out.
on a journey toward zero-waste, simplicity, + compassion :: daring to choose fair one choice at a time