- 25 :: When we decide to add something to our wardrobes, secondhand clothing is a choice that considers the earth. That clothing is already here + has plenty of use still in it.
- 26 :: All of us (in our family) have chosen our jobs with consideration to the commute. Living within five miles of our work allows each of us to use less gas + reduces our carbon emissions.
- 27 :: This curtain was transformed into a blanket this week. Maybe it will become a jacket, pillows or a tote next. I'll enjoy keeping this fabric in use for years to come.
- 28 :: Making this year's calendar on the backs of last year's calendar pages.
- 29 :: Choosing athletic wear made from natural fibers in order to avoid making plastic microfibers each time they are washed.
- 30 :: Using biodegradable, cotton washcloths rather than plastic sponges to wash the dishes.
- 31 :: Eating less meat. Meat is expensive. It's production creates carbon emissions, promotes deforestation + is inhumane to animals + meat packers. Try meatless Mondays or weekdays...or do like we do + go vegetarian at home.
- 32 :: Finding inspiration. Surrounding ourselves with simplicity can be helpful + inspiring.
on a journey toward zero-waste, simplicity, + compassion :: daring to choose fair one choice at a time