the next morning, i found that these pictures from so many different vantage points echoed those thoughts from the night before.
and then...this post brought me to the global goals and the challenge to work and pray…as one world standing together with one focus…rights and equality for all humans as citizens of one precious earth.
here are the global goals:
- NO POVERTY: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- NO HUNGER: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- GOOD HEALTH: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- QUALITY EDUCATION: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- GENDER EQUALITY: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- MODERN ENERGY:Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- GOOD JOBS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH: Promote sustained inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- REDUCED INEQUALITIES: Reduce inequalities within and among countries
- SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- CLIMATE ACTION: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- LIFE BELOW WATER: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- LIFE ABOVE WATER: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- PEACE AND JUSTICE: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE GOALS: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
here's my plan:
use the global goals as a prayer list (i'm excited to have a reminder and focus)
have conversations with my tribe and those outside of it
educate myself (global goals is full of great links)
focus on each area and determine what action i can take to tackle it
sounds like a lot of fun!