#1 :: A bright yellow planner. It might become my signature thing, because it is like a little ray of sunshine at my side. (I'm just waiting on my sticker for the front.)
#2 :: These pants. I bought this fabric to make a dress last summer, but just didn't know if I'd wear it a ton. I made these pants in January + I wear them as much as I can. Jo suggested it be a tradition...make bright pants every January. January pants. I'm sold! I made these from a vintage Esprit pattern (warm, fuzzy, 80s feelings for days!).
#3 :: Positivity Kit. I saw this book while Christmas shopping + bought it on the spot. I never do that, but I just knew that this book would be appreciated right about now. I love it. There are simple little prompts that get me thinking about happy things + doodling too.
It was surprising to realize that each one of these things was a spontaneous purchase done with complete confidence. I cannot tell you how rare that is for me. I don't usually just buy things, but I don't regret these few things one bit.
- taking a walk outside
- sharing a juicy, jewel-like grapefruit
- drinking ginger, lemon, honey tea whether we have colds or not
- watching the birds at our feeder
- catching the sunset every evening while making dinner
- reading a book in a sunny spot
- watching a good movie with my favorite people
- sewing pockets onto everything that needs them
- spraying citrus scent onto my shirt
- listening to old favorite music
- picking out some new library books
- exploring a museum
- chatting with a far away friend
- lighting a candle
- knitting with brightly colored yarn
- baking ginger snaps
- growing sprouts
What are your favorite winter blahs busters?