a little dress project
i thrifted this dress the other day while julia was at art class. when we got it home, it fit her perfectly. i envisioned a few changes that could make it even more appealing to her... and she agreed.
i began by removing the collar which involved picking off the stitches that held it in place. once the collar piece came loose, i sewed the collar stand closed.
i also removed the pocket flaps to reduce bulk in that area. i knew the dye would be darker underneath and felt that it would make a nice deconstructed detail there. the buttons were removed from the pockets too.
to add a little love, i embroidered a big rose on the back and a small heart on the shoulder. i hope julia will get a lot of wear out of this little beauty. so glad to give it a second chance!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
on a journey toward zero-waste, simplicity, + compassion :: daring to choose fair one choice at a time